Freedom of information
Freedom of information
The Freedom of Information Act 1991 (the FOI Act) makes it possible for you to access information that we hold. This promotes transparency, accountability and helps you to participate in our decision-making. We fully support the objectives and spirit of the FOI Act, while at the same time recognising stakeholders' right to privacy.
We publish a lot of information on our website, from annual reports to reservoir data. More information about SA Water and the information we hold is available in our Freedom of Information Statement.
Our response to Freedom of Information requests
In 2018-19 SA Water received 25 new applications for information. Eight applications were also carried over from 2017-18, leading to an overall total of 33 applications processed in 2018-19. Freedom of Information totals for 2019-20 will be available at the end of financial year and updated once confirmed at the end of July 2020.
Under the FOI Act, members of Parliament submitted 16 applications for information. The remaining applications were submitted by members of the public, insurance companies and media organisations.
The outcome of the applications processed during 2018-19 is as follows:
- Access granted in full - 7
- Access granted in part - 12
- Applications refused - 3 (includes applications where documents were either available online or where no documents were discovered within scope of the request).
- Applications withdrawn - 2
- Applications brought forward - 8
- Applications transferred to another Government agency - 1
We processed two applications for internal review during 2018-19.
The South Australian Ombudsman did not receive any requests to review any applications for internal review processed by us.
We hold the following types of documents:
- Accounting and financial records
- Asset management and planning records
- Corporate and strategic planning records
- Corporate files including memoranda and minutes on SA Water's operations
- Internal policies and procedures
- Work Health and Safety (WHS) records
- Personnel records.
Applying for access
The type of your request will determine the form to use. You can download an application form from the State Records website which can be submitted in person, by post or by email. You can also submit your application using the SA.GOV.AU online application form.
Then you can lodge your application by email, post, or in person.
- By email: email@example.com.
- By post: the Freedom of Information Officer, SA Water, GPO 1751, Adelaide SA 5001.
- In person: Ground floor, SA Water House, 250 Victoria Square/Tarntanyangga, Adelaide.
Freedom of Information fees and charges
The fees outlined below are pursuant to Freedom of Information (Fees and Charges) Variation and Freedom of Information Act 1991 - Applicable to Section 13(c), 29(2)(b) and 19(1)(b) and (c). Payments can be made by cheque or money order. If you can't do this, please contact us.
Application Fee: Access a document
Application Fee: Internal Review
For our work accessing documents about you.
*NOTE: Only the first two hours are free. We may then charge $13.80 per 15 minutes.
For our work accessing documents that are not about you.
Photocopies (per page)
For all other formats, SA Water will charge the cost of reproduction.
When to contact us
You need to contact us if you:
- believe our information about a person is incomplete, incorrect, out of date or misleading
- need to discuss a previous application
- are following up an application you recently lodged
- need help to clarify the information you are after
- need a document in a different format (i.e. electronically)
- can't pay by money order or cheque
Water Supply On
- 11/09/2019 09:53 PM - We are attending to an incident in Plympton Park with no interruption to the water supply. The safety of our crews and customers comes first, and we always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as quickly as we can. Reference Number WO: 07126521.
- See all major faults
Temporary Supply Interruption
- Estimated start time and water supply off: 09/09/2019 12:30 PM
Estimated restore time and water supply back on: 16/09/2019 12:30 PM
We’re improving your services and undertaking maintenance work in Brighton. Sometimes our crews need to temporarily interrupt the water supply to our customers and/or manage traffic while they are working. Temporary traffic management may remain in place until reinstatement of the impacted road is complete. We always aim to minimise inconvenience by restoring services as safely and quickly as we can.
- See all scheduled works